At Warwickshire North CCG, we work to an overarching communications and engagement strategy which governs how we deliver our statutory duties to involve and engage with our local communities, staff and stakeholders.
Our statutory duties, as set out in NHS England’s document “Patient and public participation in commissioning health and care: statutory guidance for clinical commissioning groups and NHS England”, are:
- Involve the public in governance
- Explain public involvement in commissioning plans/business plans
- Demonstrate public involvement in annual reports
- Promote and publicise involvement
- Assess, plan and take action to involve
- Feedback and evaluate
- Implement assurance and improvement systems
- Advance equality and reduce inequalities
- Provide support for effective involvement
- Hold providers to account
Our communications and engagement strategy document also sets out the strategic vision for communications and involvement at our CCG; outlines the organisation’s long-term approach to communications and involvement and explains how we are continuously improving on our engagement activities.
This strategy is a live and evolving document that will cover priorities and work to be undertaken over four years (2017 – 2020), and builds on the strong work and best practice that is currently in place.
Download our Communications and Engagement Strategy - 2018