Please note we are currently experiencing delays in the Prescription Ordering Direct service which may result in increased waiting times on the helpline and callbacks. Please bear with us - we are working diligently to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Please do not submit multiple online forms or text messages. The team are working tirelessly to ensure all these requests are completed within the timescales given but are being delayed by speaking to many patients who have already ordered their prescription.
If you are trying to get through on the telephone during a busy time an alternative way to contact us is by completing the online call back request form below.
Alternatively you can text the word REPEAT followed by the name of your GP practice to 07903586972 e.g. for Bedworth Health Centre text: REPEAT BEDWORTH. A call handler will then call you back within 48 hours.
During the coronovirus pandemic the NHS POD has provided a way to order your repeat prescription when GP practices have been working behind closed doors. This means that the service has seen an increase in the volume of calls, whilst staffing levels are fluctuating due to self isolation cases. The call handlers are working extremely hard to answer all calls as soon as they possibly can, so your patience and understanding is really appreciated.
The NHS POD service is open from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
Currently, there are 22 GP practices in the Warwickshire North CCG area that are signed up to the POD service, giving the opportunity for these practice patients to call a dedicated number to speak to an experienced health professional when needing to reorder a repeat prescription.
If you are part of one of the 22 practices below, you can call the NHS POD service on 024 7624 6025.
- Arbury Medical Centre
- Bedworth Health Centre
- Bulkington Surgery
- Camp Hill GP LED Health Centre
- Chancery Lane Surgery
- Chapel End Surgery
- Chaucer Surgery
- Manor Court Surgery
- Old Mill Surgery
- Polesworth & Dorden Group Practice
- Red Roofs Surgery
- Riversley Road Surgery
- Rugby Road Surgery
- Satis House
- Spring Hill Medical Centre
- Station Street Surgery
- Stockingford Medical Centre
- The Grange Medical Centre
- The Old Cole House
- Queens Road Surgery
- Whitestone Surgery
- Woodlands Surgery
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- We ask patients to order their prescription when they have 5 days of medication left
- If you have a build up of medication please let us know so that we can adjust the quantities, so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order 'just in case'. If you need the medication in future then you will still be able to request it
- Let us know if you have stopped taking any of your medicine.
Please click here to view the POD leaflet for more detail about the service.
The CCG is responsible for planning and commissioning healthcare services and works closely with local people and organisations. If you wish to make a comment, complaint or share positive feedback, please click here.
The NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service is provided, on behalf of your GP practice by NHS Warwickshire North Clinical Commissioning Group.
Telephone lines are open between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). Outside these hours or if you have any difficulty in accessing the service then please complete the online form to request a call back.
POD Call Back Request
If you have any difficulty in accessing the service then please complete the online form to request a call-back.
Due to unprecendented demand for this service we have had to extend our guaranteed call back times. Please see below for details.
If a form is sumbitted:
- On a Monday up until midnight - you will receive a call back before the service closes on Tuesday.
- On a Tuesday up until midnight - you will receive a call back before the service closes on Wednesday.
- On a Wednesday up until midnight - you will receive a call back before the service closes on Thursday.
- On a Thursday up until midnight - you will receive a call back before the service closes on Friday
- On a Friday up until midnight - you will receive a call back before the service closes on Monday
- At the weekend up until midnight on Sunday - you will receive a call back before the service closes on Monday
If you would like to specify a time for a call back that is more convenient for you and is between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday please type this into the 'additional information' box. Although this can't be guaranteed we will do our very best to accommodate your request.
Prescription Ordering Direct service
Information submitted through secure forms is used only for the purposes of processing your request. We may
be in touch with you in relation to the information submitted.
All Information submitted through secure forms is secured with a private key and is accessed over a secure
connection by nominated staff. We have a strict confidentiality policy.
This information is not shared with any third party organisations.
This information is retained for up to 28 days.
Should you have any concerns about sending your personal details using the web,
please use one of the alternative methods offered by our organisation.